Woody for sale

I'm getting ready to move, so it's time to let go of my woody. But play your cards right, and this woody is yours to grip as you please!

Pictures are below. There are two plywood faces, 8x8 feet each. One face is vertical, and the other is 45 degrees (with a vertical kickboard at the bottom), to make you a fullsturker. The 45 was built first and is completely free-standing without the vertical part. The vertical wall relies on the 45 to stand.

I built it in Feb 2019, and I have climbed on it 3-4 times a week since then, with nary a splinter. It is in great shape and very sturdy without being overengineered. The 45 wall has a systematic grid with 370 T-nuts, none of which overlap the joists, plus more in the kickboard. On the vertical wall, I placed the nuts randomly, and there are about 300. Here I was less careful and some do overlap the joists.

I have the following holds on there, about 120 total. ALL are bolt-on.

• Rocky Mountain Climbing Gear: 25 regular hand holds, 25 small hand/foot holds, and 3 XL holds
  • Atomik Holds: 40 footholds (many of which I use for hands), 2 small handholds, 5 medium handholds, 2 small jugs, 3 big jugs
  • Metolius: 15 assorted hand and footholds, including some tiny chips, some big jugs, and everything between
I have some extra T-Nuts and Bolts as well, and a setter's wrench with the right bit. I'll also give you some tarps for covering it if you set it up outside. Crash pad not included, but you can have the big couch pillow if you want it. It works great as a crash pad.

Let's start the bidding at 500$. That's about the cost of raw materials, to say nothing of the labor. You'll make it up in gym fees in no time!

I'm based in Berkeley, CA. I'd much rather sell it all together, but I'm open to offers for just the 45 wall, or just the holds, or just the plywood panels, whatever. You could easily make this work for an indoor setup using some of the pieces. I'm happy to consult or point you to the many articles I read to build it

Make me an offer if you're interested!!

[PS if others have experience selling something like this and have any advice, I'm all ears!]

Detail

Tags