2000 Toyota Sienna $1900 (San Francisco)

Hello! I have a 2000 Toyota Sienna.

Good
-4 new tires from Goodyear
-mechanically well maintained (no leaks)
-will run forever
-165K miles
-Registered till August of 2020 and just smogged

Bad
-salvage title- sideswipe on the highway, nothing major, just scraped too many panels and totaled it out.  I'll add some pics...
-plenty of imperfections inside and out
-horn works sometimes
-it isn't super smooth on the freeway around 65, seems to get smoother around 75.
-seat height adjuster is broken

I made a shelf, curtains, and window covers (cardboard) to have a quick stealth camper for less than $50.  It works so good for camping.  The seats came out, the gear goes on a shelf in the back, and then I sleep on the floor of the van with my head towards the front.  This way, I can sit up with my back against the drivers seat, watching Netflix before bed or eating dinner.  I put the curtains up behind the drivers seat and the two middle windows get covered, and the rangers are out of luck. Its a way better set up than sleeping on top of a shelf as you have room to sit up and the whole setup is way minimal and converts back to real life super quick. Some guy from Vermont had an Odyssey like this (#dirtbagodyssey) and I copies his design as I thought it was way more zen than the whole platform thing.  Also, the shelf fits in with the two captain chairs in the middle, if you want to take 4 passengers.  I love this thing and it supported me super well for my best climbing year to date, but I want something a little newer.  Buying this van was more of a proof of concept, and now that I know I love it I"ll invest more in a newer one.  That said, having a beater is really liberating when you're rallying down some dirt road and the branches are scraping the paint...

Hit me up. Levi @ 831 345 3380 or [email protected]

Detail

Tags