FS - Misty Mountain Ballcrusher 2000 Harness

Ok,  Misty Mountain doesn't have a harness with that name, but it's a custom harness and I decided to name it myself.

The harness was purchased in Dec 2018. It's less than a year old. I'm a weekend warrior so it's probably seen less than 30 days of outdoor climbing. (I wear a different harness in the gym.) It's seen no more than 3 short and gentle lead falls.

$60, including priority shipping.

Oh, and it crushes my balls, often. More often than every other harness I've ever owned, combined, in over 20+ years of climbing. Yes, this is the almost-infamous ballcrusher harness:

If you read the thread you'll learn that this harness has Misty's "teardrop" leg loops. They are not the best design, and Richard at Misty has acknowledged that. I don't think they make them any more.

I ordered this harness through Misty Mountain's custom harness configurer after my ten year old Cadillac was past due for retirement. It was a birthday gift from my family, I was excited to try the new harness tool, the process was fun, but there were a few points where I wasn't really sure what difference really was between the choicess. Several of the leg loop choices seemed to be about the same. I picked the "teardrop" shape, for reasons I don't remember (I think they seemed to offer a balance between size and weight, not too big, not to small....) I chose poorly.

Because it was a gift, and an expensive one, I was reluctant to accept that it had a serious problem. I told myself the problem just would go away. It didn't.

I intend to take up Richard on his offer for a discount on a new harness, but I don't know what to do with this one. It's a nice harness and in great shape. Who would want it? Maybe a guy with a high pain tolerance can use it. Maybe it just won't happen to you. I'm not a really big guy, so it it could fit some women. Maybe you can give it to a friend to prank them...

Anyway, I'm putting up for sale, with full disclosure, hoping that it will work for someone else, and to offset the cost of a replacement.

Here are the specs from the custom order:

• Waist Belt:Crag Belt, Size:Large: (32" - 35")
  • Belt Buckle: Double Pass
  • Leg Loops: Crag Teardrop Leg Loops
  • Leg Loops Size: Large (23" - 26")
  • Leg Loops Buckle:Quick Adjust
  • Exterior Color - Saffron Yellow
  • Interior Color: Black
  • Ripstop Color: Silver
  • Single Belay Loop
  • Additional Gear Loop

It has the traditional, double pass buckle on the waist. Speed buckles on the leg loops.

Leg loop speed buckle.

Five gear loops.

No wear inside waist belt or leg loops.

I cut off the large tag with the warnings.

Detail