FS - Kammok Mantis and Mantis UL

Both are essentially brand new, just purchased 7/11/19 for my wife and I to begin section hiking of the AT. We have used them 3 nights total - 2 on the trail, 1 at home.

Really liked the sound/convenience of hammock camping so purchased these. See the link below for more details, they really are a neat kit. My wife loved her's and slept great. I, however, am evidently not going to be a hammock sleeper! Despite trying different positions the hammock really amplified my GERD ( reflux ), even my meds I take daily couldn't help. Pretty much felt like a constant heart attack all night so after a couple nights of painful and no sleep, I said no more. Oddly, from other threads I read, some say a hammock actually helped them - but not me.

Also, IMO, I think hammock camping is really better suited for soloists. As it will always be my wife and I, I just really felt like we were having to set up/tear down two tents every time and of course be separated. 

I'd consider trades for other gear like a nice 3P+/3+ season UL tent or good/lightweight sleeping bags, maybe some other stuff?

Mantis ( blue ) - $180

kammok.com/collections/shelters/products/mantis-hammock-tent?variant=19422452318262

Mantis UL ( moss green ) - $210

kammok.com/collections/shelters/products/mantis-ul-hammock-tent?variant=19431894384694

Detail

Tags