FS - Helsport Varanger 8-10 man Lavvu ( tipi )

I bought this from this same forum back in 2012 so thought I'd offer it back here. Actually using some of the original poster's listing as I'm lazy! 

$300 plus shipping.

It's a floorless Helsport Varanger 8-10 Lavvu ( aka Tipi), still in VERY GOOD condition. It has actually had very little use and no use over the last 3 or 4 years which is why it's time to sell. Used it for family camping with my wife and 3 children just a couple times and we had plenty of room. They're all grown up now and my wife and I will be moving toward backpacking which this is too big and heavy for.

It's the outer shell only - no floor, no inner. Never had a fire in it. Only signs of age is the carry bag is faded a bit. 

This tent is designed to sleep 8-10 people.  It is a palace for four!  This tent would be ideal for winter camping or car camping but is beyond what a reasonable person would backpack with.  The original product description from Helsport can be found here:

Varanger was crowned test winner in an extensive lavvu comparison by norwegian outdoor magazine villmarksliv, varanger is our new fully loaded model. the outer tent is made of a specially developed fire retardant Helsport rainguard which is ideal for use in lavvu. the opening has protected double zippers and fire retardant mosquito mesh. Two Helsport AirflowII ventilation ducts combine with an internally adjustable top opening to ensure sufficient airflow inside, preventing condensation and improving air quality. the aluminium centre pole is light and makes for easy set up and the many guy line points increase stability during high winds. a drying rack are included.

• Compatible with Helsport Lavvu Oven
  • The opening has protected double zippers
  • Two Helsport AirflowII ventilation ducts on the floor
  • Adjustable top opening to ensure sufficient airflow innside
  • Drying rackare included.
  • Extra equipment: ground sheet and inner tent
  • New guy points for all our tents. The guy line is looped up and attached in the elastic webbing in a simple and easy way.
  • Helsport Rainguard Flame retardant outer tent
  • Aluminium Center Pole

Persons: 8-10 Area: 17.0m2  Weight outer tent: 4.8kg Peg weight: 0.9kg Pole weight: 1.3kg

Robert

Detail

Tags