FS: Sierra Designs Route 1 tent (1st gen)

I am selling my first generation Sierra Designs Route 1 tent. The package includes tent body, rainfly, stakes, stake bag, tent bag, Night Glow accessory, guy lines and instructions. I used this tent for four nights on Isle Royale and it is in excellent condition.

The tent uses trekking poles (not included) to save weight. The photos show the rainfly set up without the tent body, and then the tent body clipped in. (The fly can be used without the inner, and vice versa.) This setup allows you to keep the inner dry if you are setting up in the rain. One photo shows the space between the inner and the fly, which can be used for gear storage. There are a wide variety of ways the fly can be opened or closed over the two doors to keep air flowing.

The inner measures 90×48 and provides 18.8 SF of space. The main difference between this model and the new one is that the new one is smaller and lighter. This version is large enough to squeeze in two people if necessary (although it’s obviously cramped). The setup weighs about 2 1/2 pounds.

As you probably know, this tent was designed by Andrew Skurka for Sierra Designs. Here’s an article about the tent and its pitching instructions: https://andrewskurka.com/pitching-instructions-tips-sierra…/

I’m asking $150, shipping included. Prefer PayPal or Venmo.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags