Lowered to $125, plus shipping. Estes Park, CO Pickup for $95.00
FS: Gregory Cassin Internal Frame Pack - Cavernous 116 Liter Load Hauler - Large
In 1977, Wayne Gregory with his newly founded company, applied innovative internal frame pack design concepts ...... the contoured profile, ergonomic hip belt, side zippers, taped seams and adjustable suspension ...... in the production of their backpacks. The Cassin was in production from 1987 through 1991 and was the predecessor to the Denali Pro. Up for sale is the final production model with 2 side entry zippers supplementing content access to this top loading, multiple day expedition class pack.
The pack is in excellent, lightly used condition. There are no cuts, tears, abrasions, loose stitching or worn areas. The exception is the polyurethane fabric coating has deteriorated and is peeling in its entirety. It removes easily and rolls right up cleanly and without residue. A very common issue with all waterproofing older coatings applied also to tent fabric, rain gear, etc. but often not as pliable. No worries though as a new Gregory pack rain cover comes with the purchase. When the old coating is removed it actually lightens the pack.
- 7,055 cubic inches, 116 liters capacity for the size large.
- Pack and hipbelt are a size large. Fits torso length approximately 18 - 21 inches. Padded section of hip belt measurement is 34 inches. Add about 11 inches for the adjustable webbing sections.
- 8 ounce pack cloth, #10 YKK heavy duty zippers. A robust, ruggrd pack for extremes. Very durably constructed albeit heavy by today's standards. Weighs in at 6 lbs, 10 oz. Ray Jardine's concepts in lightening pack weight were introduced around 1983 but the 2 design concepts continued to exist side by side for years with present day adherents of each. Large load haulers are needed for extended treks without resupply, trail crews and for restocking back country huts.
- Suspension is 2 internal contoured aluminum stays and padded back panel. Dense foam padded ergonomic hipbelt.
– Huge top lid pocket ((887 cubic inches), a main body and zippered lower sleeping bag compartment. Lid converts to a fanny pack or can be left behind for reduced weight. Side entry zippers on the main compartment. The top lid panel has lashing points for attaching crampons.
– Extension/sealing skirt.
- Included are 2 large, about 700 cubic inch each detachable accessory water/fuel bottle pockets and 2 removable front pockets that piggyback. 1 of nylon pack cloth the other mainly of mesh.These add more cubic inches to pack volume. Use with or without as needed.
– Ice axe loops.
- Side compression straps
- Blue with a slightly purplish tint.
I'm asking $125.00 plus shipping. Or, Estes Park, CO pickup for $145.00. The packs condition, with the exception of the coating separation, is on par with the best of vintage packs I have seen. Many years of use ahead for this pack.