FS Brunton Vapor-AF stove

The Brunton Vapor AF is a genuine multi-fuel vortex-burner stove handling canister gas, white spirit and kerosene. Brunton’s claim to fame for this stove is that it can handle all three fuels without any changes of jet or preheat system, unlike with many older stoves. Instead it varies the air intakes. Yes, this works.
(US$225), $100 +P&P (AU$16.50 in Oz, more to the rest of the world)

I am selling a range of liquid fuel stoves. They were in general sent to me as Editor of Backpackinglight for test & review. In most cases they have been used no more than 2 or maybe 3 times. They were tested with Coleman Fuel in general.

All of these stove will burn Shellite, Coleman Fuel or (US) white gas (petrol, so to speak). Some of them will also burn kerosene. Kerosene has the advantage that, unlike petrol, it does not go ‘whoomp’ when it is spilt. It does need priming, typically with a little bit of metho. I used kerosene for many years before switching to canister stoves. In some cases the kit includes different jets for the different fuels.

They all come with fuel bottle and pump (except as noted). Note that there seems to be two different threads used on the fuel bottles (coarse and fine), and brands cannot be mixed without very careful checking. Regular checks of the O-ring seals is a good move. Replacement with Viton O-rings is recommended: other rubbers are not so good.

Prices shown in () are US list prices where I can find them; the second price is the sale price. P&P and Paypal fee need to be added to this, as noted. Contact me via for the correct Paypal address (it is not my email address!). Shipping will be to your Paypal address unless otherwise notified.

Cheers

Detail

Tags