[WTS] 0.29oz headlamp: Warm white, 95CRI, 20hour runtime (round 2)

https://imgur.com/a/VJFqq5V

I made another batch of my UL headlights. I have 10 available. If you are interested in purchasing one, please PM me. The price is $10 shipped for a light with one battery, and $1 per extra battery. I have lots of Genuine Panasonic brand 2025 cells available; you can get as many extra batteries as you want.

These headlamps are designed to be worn on a ballcap. They weigh 8.1g with battery, a spare battery can be stored inside the lamp and weighs an additional 2.7grams. It uses a standard 2025 or 2032 coin cell battery. A 2025 will give about 9-10hours runtime and a 2032 will give about 11hours.

The LED is special: it is a 95 CRI Yuji BC series 5mm LED, 3200K CCT. For those unfamiliar with LED emitters, 95 CRI means that the LED reproduces colors with 95% accuracy of sunlight (sunlight = 100 CRI). This is a VERY high CRI – most LEDs are in the range of 60-70CRI. 3200K CCT means the light is a warm white light similar to an incandescent bulb, not the cool white or nasty blue tinted light of many LEDs. IMO warm white lights are vastly superior for outdoor settings.

There are two noteworthy limitations of this light:

Output: With a weight of 8grams and a battery life of 10hours, this is not a powerful light that will light up the entire campsite. The LED produces about 6 or 7 Lumens. For reference, “moonlight” mode on flashlights is generally between 0.25 and 1.0 Lumens. 6 Lumens is perfect for routine camp chores.

This light is not waterproof or even water resistant.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags