FS: Italian Made Fabiano Midweight Hiking Boots - Men's 9 Narrow, Women's 10/10.5

If you are a vintage boots enthusiast, here’s a pair of Fabiano, made in Italy all leather classics. Well known to 1st and 2nd generation “Golden Age” backpackers of the 70’s and early 80’s along with Pivetta, Lowa, Raichle, Zamberlan etc. Fabiano has long been associated with Scarpa. According to commentary on Trailspace in March 2007:

"Fabiano started as an outgrowth of a shoe repair shop in Boston.  The founder was an Italian immigrant bootmaker. He designed a series of boots, mostly leather, that were fabricated to his specifications in Italy, by Scarpa."
Features:

– Midweight boot with just a little flex by hand at the ball of the foot.

- 1 piece all leather suede upper with a glove leather lining. The uppers are without scratches, digs or wear and look in “mint” condition. They haven’t even been “Snow Sealed”.

– Littleway sole attachment with the heels glued and screwed.

- At the toe, the sole was slightly separated but felt solid and stable. I couldn't pry it open further just with my hands. However, several persons were concerned about the potential for further de-lamination and I agreed that it was certainly possible. Taking direction from Steve Komito, local Estes Park, CO boot repairman and climbing shoe re-soler, I am re-posting now with the tips of the soles glued and screwed down. In the photo's, you will see that I decided not to wipe off the adhesive that was squeezed out as the screws were tightened down. I feel that this further reinforces the repair. Adhesive was also applied to the screws to prevent loosening.

– Alps Fabiano Extra lug soles with possibly 75% remaining life. Boots may be resoled.

– The boots stitching and the lacing hooks are in excellent shape.

- Weight is 3lbs 5oz a pair.

Asking $65.00, shipped. PPFF or please add the 3% fee for a goods transaction.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags