[WTS] 0.29oz headlamp: Warm white, 95CRI, 20hour runtime

https://imgur.com/a/VJFqq5V

I made 5 of these last night. I have the materials to make about 30 more. If you are interested in purchasing one, please PM me. I’m thinking $10 shipped for a light with one battery, and $1 per extra battery. I have lots of Genuine Panasonic brand 2025 cells available; you can get as many extra batteries as you want.

These headlamps are designed to be worn on a ballcap. They weigh 8.1g with battery, a spare battery can be stored inside the lamp and weighs an additional 2.7grams. It uses a standard 2025 or 2032 coin cell battery. A 2025 will give about 9-10hours runtime and a 2032 will give about 11hours.

The LED is special: it is a 95 CRI Yuji BC series 5mm LED, 3200K CCT. For those unfamiliar with LED emitters, 95 CRI means that the LED reproduces colors with 95% accuracy of sunlight (sunlight = 100 CRI). This is a VERY high CRI – most LEDs are in the range of 60-70CRI. 3200K CCT means the light is a warm white light similar to an incandescent bulb, not the cool white or nasty blue tinted light of many LEDs.

There are two noteworthy limitations of this light:

Output: With a weight of 8grams and a battery life of 10hours, this is not a powerful light that will light up the entire campsite. The LED produces about 6 or 7 Lumens. For reference, “moonlight” mode on flashlights is generally between 0.25 and 1.0 Lumens. 6 Lumens is perfect for routine camp chores.

This light is not waterproof or even water resistant.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags