Dana Designs K2 Longbed For Sale!

Up for sale is my lightly used Dana Designs K2 Longbed external frame backpack.

Asking $250.00 plus shipping. Also willing to trade for full or 3/4 length under quilts or size long top quilts/800 plus fill long sleeping bags (Western Mountaineering, Nunatak, Jacks-R-Better, Marmot, etc). Partial trades/cash will also be considered.

This thing is definitely not SUL by any means, but is considered by many the best and most comfortable external frame backpack ever made. I agree. This pack has served me and my family for years when i had to play "Sherpa" to my wife and two kids. I have personally hauled 65 lbs. in it and not gotten sore. Very comfortable for heavy loads/winter camping.

1. Shoulder pads and lift straps adjust in unison for perfect adjustment.

2. Carbon fiber crosslinks cushion the frame on your back, absorbing frame sway.

3. Grippy mesh clings to your back.

4. Magic wands transfer the load to your hips while allowing natural motion.

5. Tapered frame bottom keeps the LoadMaster's harness mounted tight—no-slip and squeak.

The pack is a size regular with a regular hip belt. Originally sold for $399.00 in 2004 (last year of production). Pack is excellent condition with minor wear on bottom of frame. One small tear in external mesh pocket (size of a penny) repaired and you can hardly tell it was there.

From the Dana Designs web-site:

"Longbed
Sizes: Regular, Large.
Capacity: *6,100 cu. in./ 99 litres
Weight: *7 lb. 13 oz./ 3.2 kg.

*For a large sized pack
500D Colors:

Need a framepack that provides a place for everything? Our Longbed gives you organizational flexibility. Ten pockets keep your trail life conveniently compartmentalized. Toploading and panel loading options provide packing and unpacking alternatives. The LoadMaster frame provides the comfort of active framing with the advantages of a rigid frame. Forget about load distribution worries, the Longbed carries well no matter how it's organized. A top choice of the flexibly minded, anal retentive, packing impaired, load hauling maniac."

Pack info:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010620150811/danadesign.com/packs/loadmaster/longbed.htm

Suspension/frame:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010606125116/danadesign.com/packs/loadmaster/index.htm