Spring Sale Extravaganza - New and lightly used Active and Passive Pro, Soft Goods, Aid Gear

As many of you can probably identify with, the desire to buy and hoard gear under the guise of “I’ll definitely use that eventually” gripped me at a young age. As soon as I discovered Erik Sloan’s Definitive Bigwall Gear Guide I said farewell to my paychecks.However, with a wedding coming up I need to offload some of the gear I’ll either never use or won’t have an issue borrowing when I need it. With the date coming up soon and finances tight, I figure there’s no better time than the present. Most of the items on this list are either lightly used or brand new. I added conditions of each piece to the descriptions.

I’d prefer to split paypal fees and shipping from Michigan (I’ll provide a receipt with the shipping cost and the tracking number).

As Mario would say, here we go:

SOFT GOODS:

2 – 8.6mm, 70m BEAL Golden Dry Half Ropes, Blue and Red – These beauties have only been used on two freezing cold days in non-rainy conditions on WI2 and WI3, no top rope, no falls. When we were taking the ropes from our storage closet my fiancé said, “oh wow, are these new?” They truly feel like they came right out of the plastic. Send me a email if you want close up pictures of the rope.
Price: $300 for the pair ($480/pair new).

1 – Black Diamond Big Gun Harness, Size: M – Brand New, Never Used.
Price: $80 ($120 new)

1 – Metolius Gear Sling – Used a few times but you wouldn’t be able to tell, near pristine condition. Price: $12

4 – Metolius 5-Step Aider Ladder, 2 Sets, One Red, One Blue – I purchased these secondhand from a friend, so they have some use on them. They are in great condition with no tears or punctures, just a little fuzzy.
Price: $15 each ($35? each new)

1 – Pair Outdoor Research Gaiters, Gore-Tex – Brand spankin’ new. I have a size 11-12 foot boot and they fit me great.
Price: $20 ($30 new)

HARD GOODS:

2 – Black Diamond Cobra Ice Axes, One Adze, One Hammer – I’ve used these over a dozen times and honestly, they’re the only thing on the list I’d rather not part with. They have new picks which were used for one outing last year so are still very sharp.
Price: $300 each ($420 each new)

1 – Black Diamond Serac Crampons – Used a few times in the Rockies but you can barely tell. Like new condition. Comes with a storage bag.
Price: $120 ($185 new)

Set of Black Diamond Express Ice Screws (1) Green, (3) Blue, (1) Yellow, (1) Red – These were purchased long after I started ice climbing, so they still are very sharp. No falls on any of them and no rust. If you buy 5 or more, get the carrying bag for free!
Price: $40 each ($60 each new)

2 – Black Diamond nforce Ascenders, One Left, One Right – These two classics are also brand new, never used.Price: $55 each ($80 each new)

1 – Petzl Fixe Pulley – Brand new
Price: $20 ($30 new)

1 – Black Diamond Rotor Swivel – Brand new
Price: $30 ($55 new)

1 – Black Diamond Fifi Hook – Brand new
Price: $8 ($15 new)

1 – Petzl Pro Traxion, Older Model – Brand New
Price: $75 ($100 new)

Carabiners:
1 – OMEGA Oval Screw Lock - $5
6 – Misc. Solid Gate - $3 ea.
9 – DMM Wire Gate, Shield - $5 ea.
12 – BD Wire Gates - $4 ea.

Black Diamond Hooks, these have a light surface rust/discoloration. No pitting, delamination, spalling, etc. Could be cleaned up with a wire brush and a fresh paint job. Never used. Suggest slings be replaced prior to use, comes with carabiner if you buy the set.
1 – Grappling - $8
1 – Talon - $8
1 – Cliffhanger - $8

3 – Cam Hooks, One Small, One Medium, One Large – The small and large are in pristine condition. The medium is showing small signs of surface rust (again no spalling, delamination, pitting). Suggest the slings be replaced prior to use.
Price: $7 each ($10 each new)

4 – Key Hole Rivet Hangers – Brand new, comes with carabiner and keeper slings.
Price: $15 total with the carabiner

1 – Set DMM HB Brass Offset Nuts, #0-4, #6 – These are fantastic nuts that I never used except for the #5 which I left behind on a very sketchy bail in RMNP. Other than that, these are in new condition.
Price: $110 for the set with carabiner ($138 new)

1 – Trango Big Bro #4 with Matching Blue Neutrino – I purchased this second hand but the action on it is extremely smooth. Recommend replacing cord/sling before using.
Price: $80 ($120 new)

Black Diamond C4 – These have been used more than the other gear, but you can see in the photos that the slings are in great condition and there are no hang ups in the action. Each comes with a matching BD Neutrino. Will take offers on the set.
(1) 0.3 - $40
(2) 0.5 - $45ea                             
(1) 3 - $55
(1) 4 - $60
(1) 5 - $80
(1) 6 - $100

Black Diamond C3 – Similar to the C4’s these have been used more but only for building belays and mild aid. No falls and the slings are in great condition. Each comes with a matching BD Neutrino. (1) #000, (1) #00, (1) #0, (1) #1, (1) #2.
Price: $40 ea -or- $180 for the set (wow! What a steal)

Wild Country Friends, Older Style – Similar to the C4’s these are in great condition but have been through more use. The slings are in good condition and each comes with a carabiner. If anyone’s looking to fill the gaps left behind by your C4’s, look no further. (1) 0.5, (1) 1, (1) 1.5, (1) 2, (1) 2.5.
Price: $45 each -or- drum roll please…. $210 for the set ($65 ea new)

1 – Lonely Black Diamond X4, #0.75 – Near new condition. Comes with BD Neutrino.
Price: $60

2 – SMC Snow Flukes – These are an old-style snow fluke but are in great condition. Used a bunch on the AT.
Price: $15 for both

Thanks for having a look! I’ll do my best to answer first come first serve.

Dave