FS: Black Diamond Viper Ice Tools $183

I kept thinking I was going to come back around to ice climbing, but I just haven't, and I've come to terms with that.  Naturally I've decided to sell my old ice tools at the worst possible time of year.

So, up for sale is a pair of Black Diamond Viper ice tools.  Clearly they've have been well used (on Minnesota ice and mixed).  They have a wide variety of dings, scrapes, and patches of rust.  I wrapped them in black 3M outdoor electrical tape years ago so they would be more likely to be mistaken for Cobras, which I could not afford at the time.  

As an aside, I swear by this tape.  It's also on my Silvrettas, and I recently taped together a very ripped Houdini jacket with it.  It's lightweight, weather resistant, and holds things together for the long haul.

A plus is that the tape has held up well, seems to insulate better than nothing, and adds a ton of friction if you're gripping that part of the tool.  Of course, you could try to remove it if you liked.

As you can see in the photos, one is an adze and one is a hammer.  They could probably use new, less rusty picks.  The handles have some dings borne of poor technique and desperation (although I was mostly on top rope, if I'm being honest).

Yes, the price is $183, plus shipping to wherever it is that you come from as long as it's in the United States, because why settle for a boring, round number?  I'll absorb the Paypal fees but insist we do the traditional "Goods and Services" approach that protects us both.

Please PM me with questions.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags