[WTS] MYOG Prototypes - 1.) Silpoly Tarp - 5.66' x 9' - 7.2 ounces 2.) Mens M/L fleece 10.1 ounces 3.) Bivy 6.7 ounces

Understand all of these products were my first attempt at making them and they have flaws. I will highlight those flaws in the description. These are not MLD quality. The prices reflect that. That said, they are usable and cheap, so I want to find them homes. If you buy more than one item you can knock $5 off the second item price for shipping together.

1.) Silpoly Tarp 7.2 ounces - Its made with ripstopbytherolls XL silpoly which has a 70'' width. So no sewn ridge line and no seam sealing. It has shallow cat cuts on all edges. The ridgeline tie outs are made with nylon webbing and beastee D rings. I made this to try out tarp life, and I like it. Upgraded to DCF.

Flaws: this tarp came out pretty well but the tie out reinforcements are definitely not professional. Used a handful of nights and is in really good condition. $45 shipped CONUS

2.) Fleece 10.1 ounces - Mens M/L made from micro fleece I picked up at Joann Fabrics. I have worn this 10ish times, mostly around the house and extensively on one trip. It performed well and I like the fabric. I am 5'10'' 170 pounds, and you can see how it fits me in the pics.

Flaws: The quarter zip is a bit crooked, also not a high quality zipper and sticks a bit. Hemming on all edges is not perfectly straight. Pouch pocket is too small - I can get my hands in and out of it but its tighter than it should be. $40 shipped CONUS

3.) Bivy 6.7 ounces - made from 20D silpoly bottom, M10 royal blue top and .5 ounce mesh. Center zip. Used one night and performed well but slightly smaller than I would have liked. I am 5'10'' 170 pounds and I fit in it with my neo air Xlite and quilt but as a side sleeper I want a little more width. It is about 4 inches narrower than Borahs regular. If you are smaller than me, a back sleeper, or use a CCF pad this should work well.

Flaws: I really messed up the length on this bad boy so I had to add a new piece of material to add to the length. This means there is a seam on the bottom and it is not sealed. That said unless you camp in a puddle it shouldn't cause much trouble. I used it the rain and no issues (under a tarp of course). $35 shipped CONUS

Happy to answer questions or provide more photos. Thanks.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags