[WTT] Zimmerbuilt Custom Backpack DCF Dyneema Carbon Fiber Large Backpack (26.5 OZ)

I bought this Backpack off Ebay, figured I would give it a try decided it wasn't for me, due to the large side pockets (I can't get my water out... LoL). Honestly I love everything about it but the side pockets. Looking for comparable backpack.

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/G5klGRd

Original Description From Seller:

--------

Zimmerbuilt Custom Backpack DCF cuben fiber ultralight backpack, 74 liters and 26.5 ounces

$295 retail price.

Handmade by Chris Zimmer in Ohio, February of 2018.

The best materials and workmanship. Hike lighter with this backpack.

This custom model can be used for short or long trips and thru hiking.

Fabrics:  Dyneema-Xgridstop and DCF cuben fiber.

Dyneema-X gridstop is a 4oz/sq/yd, 210D nylon with a white210 Dyneema ripstop grid (1/4″) reinforcement at 0 and 90 degrees, and polyurethane waterproof coated.

Dyneema Composite Fabric, Cuben Fiber 150D is super-strong, does not stretch, fully waterproof, and can be field patched with any tape.

VX-21 is super tough, abrasion resistant, and waterproof.

Webbing, mesh, hardware, and stretch cord are the highestquality.

Specs:

• Type: frameless and roll top drybag enclosure with 4 snaps,easy open & easy close.  Rolltopattaches to main pack body with side compression straps.

• Weight:  26.5 ounces

• Volume:  74liters  (46+10+10+8) 

• Why this design?  Usethe main pack body at 46 liters for ordinary hikes.  If you need more space, then the 3 external pocketsprovide an additional 28 liters.

• Materials:  VX-21 for packbottom; DCF for pack body; Dyneema-X gridstop for the pockets, shoulder straps & hipbelt.

• Pack Dimensions: 12x8x32, unrolled bag = 46 liters interior volume in the main bag.

• Sized for 18-20 inch torso.

• 2 tall side pockets = 10 liters each.  Dimensions: 17 tall with double pleats at thebottom, plus drain hole, plus stretch cord enclosure.

• 1 front mesh pocket = 8 liters.  Dimensions: 17 tall by 14 wide, plus stretch cord enclosure at the top hem of the mesh.  Also, external stretch cord looped through 7lash points over the mesh pocket.  Seeimage.

• Internal back pad inside VX-07 interior sleeve. Removable pad(11”w x 21 3/4” h x 1/8”). With securing overstrap.

• Internal waterproof pocket made from VX-07, white.  Stash keys and wallet.

• Padded shoulder straps with load lifters.

• Haul loop.

• Padded hip belt, lumbar pad, padded back panel all covered with 3D mesh. Hip belt fins are 27 inches across; total hip belt width buckle to buckle is 48 inches.  Sized for 34-36 waist, but will fit outside that range.

• 2 side compression straps, one on each side, above the tallpockets.

This is a frameless pack, but it will carry a 35 pound loadwell if you know how to place your gear into the backpack properly: sleeping bagin lower third, then the heavy stuff in the middle third, and the lighter stuffin the upper third.

Used on a one weeklong trip. Some very light dirt stains, most noticeable on white interior security pocket from sitpad(zlite) used as frame. Excellent condition! Any questions please ask, thank you!

--------

Since it's purchase I took it on a couple of Day Hikes (In PA) and decided it wasn't for me.

Detail

Tags