FS: Tubbs Flex ALP 28" Men's Snowshoe

These snowshoes are EXCELLENT. I never had the chance to use the MSR Lightning Ascent, but I believe these have a strong argument as better & more versatile snowshoes. I have probably 5 or 6 days total on these snowshoes and absolutely loved them. They helped me up Rainier, Longs & a couple other shorter days that I was glad to have them. The flexible base allows you to walk over mixed terrain, but at the same time these things float like a dream on powder. I found this very helpful on days where I wasn't on powder the whole time, therefore I didn't have to worry about taking them on/off a bunch of times. The crampons on the bottom excel too, with side rails going the whole length of the shoe & also under the toes - which also helped with efficiency in not having to switch back and forth between snowshoes & crampons as much. The heel riser was very helpful too when walking on steeper terrain, & I would also argue that Tubbs has by far the easiest and best functioning binding system out there. I can have these strapped up in a matter of seconds & they stay tight.

As mentioned, only a handful of days on the shoes so they are in very good shape - only signs of wear are cosmetic (I will get actual pictures posted tonight). Only reason for selling is to help fund a splitboard purchase & therefore really won't have a need for them anymore. Asking $160 shipped.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags