FS: The North Face Borod Grid Fleece Hoody, Men's Large, Red

For sale: a North Face Borod hoody in like new condition. $50 including US shipping and PayPal fees.

Specs:

Fabric: 216 g/m² 95% polyester, 5% elastane grid fleece

Scale weight: 14.25 oz, men’s large

Basic measurements: 23″ across the armpits, 27.5″ back length (base of hood to hem), 37″ from the center of the neck to the cuff and 24″ from the armpit to the cuff.

Features: full front zip, very large zippered hand pockets, welded vertical zip chest pocket, lycra bound cuffs and hood, rolled hem. All zippered have extended pulls.

Pricing: MSRP $99US

The grid is smaller than the R1 style power dry. The fabric is not labeled as Polartec so I assume it is not (Patagonia R1 specs are 6.3-oz Polartec Power Grid 93% recycled polyester/7% spandex). I have an R1 jacket (no hood) and it weighs 14.5oz in the same men’s large size. The TNF fabric does feel lighter and more breathable. It seems to bridge the gap between the R1 and Patagonia Thermal Weight and MEC T3 fleece tops (and MEC T3 XL pullover hoodie is 9oz). Fit is just slightly snug with the stretch making it a good midlayer fit for me at 5’10” and 200lbs; TNF describes it as an “active fit.”

It is a perfect spring/summer midlayer to use with windshirt or rain shell or just with base layer for sleep and “camp sweater.” It is certainly soft and comfortable enough to wear on the skin while your base layer is drying.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags