[WTS] TarpTent Saddle 2

Hey everybody.

I'm looking to sell my TarpTent Saddle 2 that I purchased in April. I have used it around 10 times. It is in great condition. I seam sealed it myself and have been in plenty of rain with without any leaks (I live in Washington). There are no holes in the floor, mesh, or fly.

I sewed some nylon straps and d-rings onto one of the doors to make it open and close like a duplex. The included metal hook system was too difficult for my fiance to open/close, so I made this modification. I could pull the stitches out, and the tent would be right back to where it started. See pictures of that mod here. The modification is currently in "proof of concept" stage meaning that the original hardware is still installed and functional on the tent. If I were to keep the tent, I would remove the cordlock and bracket installed by TT and re-sew the Z-Packs stuff on. It is fully functional using either set-up right now, but a little clumsy (still less so than the original design, in my opinion).

It is a great tent, but I don't care much for using trekking poles so I think I'll take a little weight and wallet penalty and go with a Tiger Wall.

I don't have any detail pictures of the modified door edit: No pictures while pitched. The following pictures are of the tent pitched after the modification. I will be able to pitch it this week and get better shots of the door, if needed.

Action Shots

Included: Saddle 2 Tent, End Poles, Repair Kit, 2x Z-Packs Hooks, 6x Easton Nail Stakes, Tent Stuff Sack, Stake Bag. I think that's it. If you think something is missing, ask please!

Weights on my scale: Tent fly + Interior + Guylines + Poles: 1140g.

Price: $300 shipped. I paid $366 shipped in April.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags