Truck Bed Camper Drawer (Durango)

The motor on my Ranger went, along with it the space to necessitate the drawer I made and used for three months while living out of my truck. The drawer is incredibly functional, with some bumps and bruises common with use. The cabinet is made of 3/4" ply while drawer itself, with the exception of the front, is 1/2" for weight consideration. The craftsmanship is by no means outstanding, but it's reinforced a lot. The shits not going to break. The inch square tubing and skate bearings can hold all my climbing and skiing gear (sans skis), all of clothes, my pantry and cookware, and nearly everything I owned. So they can hold a lot of weight

The two dividers divide the drawer into thirds and can be removed. The cover can be hinged onto the top if desired and I'll include the hinge. I preferred to be able to remove the cover and use it in a table so never used it. Also comes with about 40 replacement bearings and nuts. I will throw in a nice cushion passed down to me by another climber that fits well over the top. There is no catch because in the event that my truck caught on fire I could quickly run to the back, pull the drawer out and run down the road with it. When you put nearly everything you own into one 18 cubic foot spot, you think like that

The cabinet is 37" wide and 12.5" tall. It is 70" long and fits my 6' long bed of my Ranger well with space between the tailgate. This would be a great starting place for any size truck bed camper, you could easily build the surrounding cabinet to make a complete surface covering the wheel wells

Asking price is $150, must be picked up in Durango as the truck obviously won't move. Thanks!

Detail

Tags