FS: Hilleberg Jannu

I love this tent more than most of my possessions, but I cannot justify keeping something so valuable for how seldom I use it. This thing is a marvel of design, and truly is a 4 season tent — not just a winter tent. I have used this in the Upper Peninsula of mitten state in the dead of winter, as well as in August in Maryland, and I’ve never been even remotely dissatisfied with it’s performance.

Try $600 obo

Comes with tent body, inner, full footprint, stakes, stake bag, and the manual if I can find it. Color is sand. No stains or discoloration or anything like that.

Things to note:

• One of the main crossing dome poles is slightly bent from an unexpected super heavy, wet snow load in Dolly Sods Wilderness. The tent still pitches fine, and it does’t bother me enough to shell out the whopping $40 or so to replace it.
  • There is a hole in the vertical bathtub section of floor in the front entrance. Starts about 2″ up from the floor. The top of my pot touched when I was far too cold and sleepy one morning, and the hot titanium melted it. I patched it on the spot, and I have tested it many times since — totally watertight.
  • I replaced the guy lines with reflective MSR 3mm guylines. I still have all but one of the old guylines, and can send them along if requested.
  • I cut off the little metal ring on the back tie out of the tent, and replaced it with a dyneema cordage loop. The ring had a burr in it, and I was afraid it would snag the tent upon packing it up.
  • I added some covered red covered dyneema core loops on the zipper pulls to make “mittening entry” easier. They are very easy to detach for warmer weather use.
  • Tent will be washed with nikwax before being sold. Not smelly, but I’ve been meaning to do it for a little while anyway.

I will take pictures of both the patch and the bent pole later today, and post some weights.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags