FS: Actual Tent Photo's Added - The North Face Himalayan Hotel & Eddie Bauer Expedition Parka

|
2 expedition items. Priced separately or buy both for $1000.00.

The North Face Himalayan Hotel

The weather has cleared so today I set up the tent and here are photographs of the actual tent being sold. It is in excellent ready to use condition.

From The North Face:

"4 Person Expedition Tent: Relied upon by dozens of expeditions to the world's great peaks, the Himalayan Hotel has a unique elliptical floorplan with two doors that maximizes the usable space of this stormproof winter shelter. Our most requested base camp tent, the Himalayan Hotel has an especially tight pitch, a low profile, and a wide base that allows it to withstand heavy snow loading and high winds."

- Sleeps 4, 6 in a pinch.

- 14.3 pounds.

- Pole sleeves are color coded.

Very solid tent best suited for expedition, base camp and winter use but also nice for car camping and backpacking if you have 4 persons to split the load. Lightly used and in excellent condition. No more than 10 outings. If your looking for "the Hotel" this may be as good as can be found. No mildew, mold, coating de-lamination or stickiness. Poles have only the slight curvature typical from threading through the sleeves. There are no holes, tears or abrasions that need repair and only just a few minor stains. Most of its use has been on snow. One time as it was hurriedly being stuffed into the car due to a storm, the rain fly caught in the door. This resulted in about 5 very tiny pulls/abrasions in a 3"x3" area that I repaired with dabs of McNett Seam Grip. Included are the body, rain fly, poles, tent bag and 2 TNF mesh storage bags. One for the main body, the other for the rain fly. Asking $800.00. Will split shipping cost to the lower 48 and contribute $10.00 to Alaska and out of country. F and F paypal or please add 4%.

Note: Some photo's have a center shadow spot. This is a quirk of my camera and is not on the tent fabric.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Photo 6

Photo 7

Photo 8

Photo 9

Photo 10

Photo 11

Photo 12

Vintage Eddie Bauer Expedition Parka - Size Medium

To the best of my current knowledge, this rendering of the Eddie Bauer goose down filled expedition parka was manufactured in the early 1970's approximately 16 years before the company was purchased by Spiegel and the tagline "Expedition Outfitter" came to an end.

Although not "off the shelf" mint condition, overall it is in rare, exceptionally nice shape. Application is similar to The North Face Himalayan and the Marmot 8000 Meter parka's, i.e., designed for the deep cold. The color is burnt orange in a men's medium. Made in Seattle, the parka is not a relic for display in a store front window or gear museum. It is fully functional and as ready for cold weather use as the day it was sewn together and filled with goose down.

Features:

- Goose down insulation.

- 1.9 ounce rip stop nylon outer shell and inner lining.

- Double off-set quilt construction. Stitch lines that you see on the outside are backed by a separate down filled chamber.

- Heavy duty, #10 YKK double toggle plastic tooth zipper with an external snap closure draft tube.

- The hood is sewn onto the back side and has 2 additional attachment snaps around to the front. No sewn through seams..

- Parka length covers the buttocks.

- Waist and hem draw cords.

- Inside zippered chest pocket. 2 large Velcro closure cargo pockets backed with hand pockets.

- Super lofty, packed with goose down evenly distributed.

- Knit inner cuffs.

- Weight is 3 pounds, 2ounces.

Condition:

Cons-

2 tiny brad size holes that were covered with tape. I removed the tape and its residue and repaired with Tenacious Tape.

Few faint stains and smudges here and there. Some faint spots that look like a tent mate tried to choke off laughing while drinking cocoa.

Pro's-

Overall the parka is clean with no grime on the collar, chin or cuffs. There are no tears or obvious spots of wear, even on the cuffs. The few scuffs are superficial and the fabric is not fraying. All stitching is intact and the zipper operates smoothly. The down fill is not matted or clumped together. Its history is unknown to me however by appearance alone, it has been lightly used and well cared for. The color is not significantly faded.

Was asking $400.00, now $325.00 shipped to the lower 48 states. Additional cost if sending to Alaska to which I will contribute. F and F paypal or please add 3%.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Photo 6

Photo 7

Photo 8

Photo 9

Photo 10

Photo 11

Photo 12