FS: Vintage Eddie Bauer Expedition Parka - Size M

To the best of my current knowledge, this rendering of the Eddie Bauer goose down filled expedition parka was manufactured in the early 1970's approximately 16 years before the company was purchased by Spiegel and the tagline "Expedition Outfitter" came to an end.

Although not mint, overall it is in rare, exceptionally nice, used condition. Application is similar to The North Face Himalayan and the Marmot 8000 Meter parka's. The color is burnt orange in a men's medium. Made in Seattle.

Features:

- Goose down insulation.

- 1.9 ounce rip stop nylon outer shell and inner lining.

- Double off-set quilt construction. Stitch lines that you see on the outside are backed by the separate down filled chambers of the inner layer.

- Heavy duty #10 YKK double toggle tooth zipper with an external snap closure draft tube.

- The hood is attached on the back side and has 2 additional attachment snaps around to the front. No sewn through seams..

- Parka length covers the buttocks.

- Waist and hem draw cords.

- Inside zippered chest pocket. 2 large insulated Velcro closure cargo pockets backed with hand pockets.

- Super lofty, packed with goose down.

- Rib knit inner cuffs.

- Weight is 3 pounds, 2ounces.

Condition:

Cons-

2 tiny brad size holes that were covered with tape. I removed the tape and its residue and repaired with Tenacious Tape.

Few faint stains and smudges here and there. Some faint spots that look like a tent mate tried to choke off laughing while drinking cocoa.

Pro's-

Overall the parka is clean with no grime on the collar, chin or cuffs. There are no tears or obvious spots of wear, even on the cuffs. The few scuffs are superficial and the fabric is not fraying. All stitching is intact and the zipper operates smoothly. The parka's history is unknown to me however by appearance alone, it has been lightly used and well cared for. The color is not significantly faded.

Asking $400.00, shipped.

Question For Northwest Mountaineering Oldsters - Does anyone know the specific model and manufacturing years of this parka? Thank you for your kind consideration!

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags