Catch and release!
PRICE $160 – INCLUDES SHIPPING (US)
I’ve only set the cape up once in order to seam seal it. For those who have used the Gatewood Cape (and really any SMD products) there are solid shelters that can take some serious use. I’ve used my previous SMD Trekker in 4-season conditions, including tropical storm level winds (it was scary, but it -and I- survived intact).
– SMD Gatewood Cape – 12 oz – New Price $155 (w/ sealed seams)
– S2S Nano Net Inner – Insect Shield treated – 2.9 oz – New Price $49.95
– SMD Stakes – 2.2 oz – New Price $11.00
– Spectra cord guylines
TOTAL PRICE IF PURCHASED SEPARATELY: $215.95
For serious weigh-conscious hikers:
– Save yourself the add’l weight of rain gear
– For those hiking in buggy situations, the net is light enough to use it as a headnet (keeping the excess inside it’s stuff sack).
Save yourself 25% while still getting brand new gear!
*First picture mine, the rest courtesy of BPL, SMD, and S2S respectively. Pardon the quick, loose pitch.