FS- Tarptent Squall, 2003 vintage

Bought this tent last month here on the forum to introduce my wife to a lightweight tenting on a two day trip to Supai.  We both liked the tent, but I think for long term I would like a newer model of this tent, one with the bathtub floor.  Because this does not have all the bells and whistles of the latest model it is a few ounces lighter, I measured 29.4 oz, including a nail stake attached to the front guyline.  Included is the tent, a front pole (41″ I believe), the rear half hoop pole, one stake attached to the front guyline, and small round  tensioners.  I did not receive a bag, and none is included.  Not sure why but the original seller removed the details and photos he posted regarding this tent.  If you want to get a general idea of the tent setup, see https://www.tarptent.com/squall2.html.  The tent for sale is an older model that uses one pole for the front, and does not have a bathtub floor or a zipper connection between the door and the solid floor.  I don’t have photos right now, so here are a bunch of words to describe.

I guessed the vintage based on the construction of the tent and some web searching.  This has a solid silnylon floor with netting between the canopy and the flooring.  The tent has been seam sealed, and I tested it with the hose in the yard and it seemed to work.  The door has a single vertical zipper in the middle.  The bottom of the floor does not connect with the bottom of the tent.  Now for the modifications made by previous owners. There is velcro on the door and floor in sections, so you can connect the bottom of the door to the floor.  This would not keep mini critters (lizards, ants, etc.) out.  The previous owner said he used his shoes in addition to the velcro to keep mosquitoes and such out.  We did not have bug issues on our trip, so it was a non factor.  Also added was a couple strips of velcro to attache the beak of the tent on one side.  I am not sure how it connected before this velcro was added, perhaps one or two smaller pieces of velcro.  We did use the beak for one afternoon and had no issues in mild winds with the beak holding closed.

I can set this up and take pictures if desired, but depending on my schedule and the offers I get it may take a day or two.

Asking $95 shipped with paypal F&F.  Shipping is a bit pricey because the pole is 18″ long.  I budgeted $18 for shipping, but if you have a less expensive way I can use that and decrease the price.  I am looking to get back what I put into this purchase, as the condition is as it was when I received it.  If you saw the listing last month you might remember it was listed at $75, but that did not include shipping.  I ended up paying an additional $18 for the shipping, hence the asking price above.

thanks for looking, Matt

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags